Millions of precious people are stirring themselves towards God, clamoring for the free gift of Jesus’ righteousness, healing and new life. The open doors have stretched our resources beyond what we can (at this time) cope with. It is a problem, but it is a good problem, one that can be solved as we pull together.
This current situation reminds me of Jesus’ words:
“The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest”, (Matt 9:37 – 38).
You can reap a harvest with a sickle or a harvester-combine. I love to lead people to Jesus one by one, or in small groups, but I also like the harvester-combine approach where a large number of souls are saved in one sweep, just like on the day of Pentecost.
I remember visiting the prairies and seeing the harvester-combine work on a massive and efficient scale. It cuts down the grain, and steadily and systematically moves across the ripened field to pick up and pull the stalks of grain in the right direction. At the same time, it gathers and threshes each stalk while separating each grain from its shell, cleaning the grains and making them ready for their purpose.
The whole point of this thorough harvest process is that none of the harvest will be wasted, if possible, not even one stalk of grain left behind.
Partner, this is what we (you and I) do––together; we are a harvester-combine through World Impact Ministries.
• It is not just tens of thousands who raise their hands for salvation, but thousands of counselors from a wide range of local churches work together to reach each new believer.
• The 48-page booklet “Salvation – God’s Gift to You” is handed out for spiritual encouragement and reinforcement of the message of salvation.
• We hear reports of many churches doubling, even tripling in size, in the days and weeks following our Gospel Festivals.
• Our Pastors’ Seminars are dynamic. All too often churches have become entrenched in divisive doctrines and trivial emphasis. We take the pastors back to the centrality of Jesus, and churches are mobilized for harvest.
• We systematically meet with television, radio and newspaper journalists to carry our message of God’s love and grace via the media.
• Friendship Dinners reach political and religious leaders of all persuasions, presenting the message of Christ at every turn.
• Often I visit with Prime Ministers, Presidents, Members of Parliament, or Governors to reinforce the Gospel message and to facilitate for the doors to stay open for the Gospel.
Every aspect of the outreach is pulling for souls. Just like the harvester-combine, our purpose is clear; no soul left behind.
Every harvester-combine needs a tune up, to be refueled and made ready for the next great wave of harvest (souls). Can you see the parallel?
I’m ready to leave for Pakistan, truly one of the world’s most needy fields of harvest. The President of United States recently commented that possibly it is the most dangerous country in the world.
Why are we going? Because Pakistan has 160 million precious souls without the Gospel. Even worse, most have no church within their reach, no way to ever hear the Good News of the Savior.
Jeremiah gave us some tragic words, “The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved!” (Jer. 8:20). Today we have unparalleled opportunities. What a tragedy if we let this slip between our fingers.
Our harvester-combine (World Impact Ministers) needs serious help right now. If everyone says “YES” to what the Holy Spirit prompts them to give, we will be able to handle the challenge before us in Pakistan and then in Indonesia. We must be ready for this upcoming wave of harvest.
The decision you make is critically important! Take the enclosed response form and do what the Lord wants you to do.
Your response is an answer to Jesus’ prayer for laborers. Your participation right now puts you into God’s labor force. Thank you! I look forward to hear from you!
Your coworker in the Gospel,
Peter YoungrenGive Your Best Seed HereMy Prayer Request